Indian official dispels UFO threat by talking it to death

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Defence Minister A.K. Antony Monday told parliament that India was monitoring all developments in the neighbourhood which could impinge on national security and made it clear that there was no conclusive proof of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) over the border with China.

Indian soldiers guard a pass last month on the border with China in Arunachal Pradesh, one of the areas where UFOs have been reported. / Biju Boro / AFP / Getty Images / Nov. 7

Antony was replying to a question in the Lok Sabha as to whether the Army’s Leh-headquartered 14 Corps had reported about mysterious UFOs flying over the India-China border during the last three years.

“Required measures have been initiated through development of infrastructure and operational capabilities to achieve desired levels of defence preparedness to safeguard the sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of India,” Antony assured the house.

Antony also said that the situation in Jammu and Kashmir is stable. “The situation in J&K has stabilised due to the persistent proactive counter-terrorist operations carried out by the government,” he said in response to a separate question on the situation in the state.

SEE COMPLETE TEXT

Be Sociable, Share!