LETTER TO THE NEXT GENERATION
The Bible is true.
This was not a controversial remark in the early 1960s. Most generally held that view. Look at the music of the era.
Now, The Bible has been banished from the curricula of public schools and Biblical reference in the public square are increasing rare. The moral code as the foundation for much of modern law, The Ten Commandments, is being challenged in courts across that nation.
- Thou shalt not lie? Everyone does it including the president of the United States.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery? Once a big no-no, now it’s a given. No big deal. Promiscuity, pre-marital sex and extra-marital sex is championed in the popular culture and even in a recent administration’s White House. Marriage as an institution is under assault, except for the same-sex kind.
- Thou shalt not take God’s name in vain? The main deployment of the names of “God” and “Jesus” are as a curse.
“However, the Holy Bible continues to be sold more than any other book on the planet,” writes Kelly Wright for Fox News:
- The Bible is still the most widely published and distributed book in the world. It continues to be the world’s bestselling book, with billions being sold.
- It is a book hard to ignore. It is filled with riveting stories about life and death, tragedy and triumph, war and peace, love and hate, fear and courage, sadness and joy, darkness and light, good and evil, heaven and hell, God and Satan, destruction and salvation; sin and redemption. …
- [As Billy Graham said:] “Man has two great spiritual needs. One is for forgiveness. The other is for goodness.” …
- Even Hollywood is finding inspiration from the Bible. Successful Hollywood power couple Mark Burnett and Roma Downey recently produced the popular television series, “The Bible” [and said the Great Book] has great influence on art, literature, history, science and human development.
So the Bible is either the word of God or well what? It’s a flip of the coin. True or false. There was a first human couple or there wasn’t. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob either established a lineage that resulted in Israel which spawned Jesus Christ. Or that was all made up. If the latter, who wrote that fiction spanning thousands of years and why?